Sunday, January 15, 2012

hello from the greatest place on earth... South Bend!!!

Hey girlsssss,

I know most of you are settled in South Bend and some of you are still traveling, but I can't tell you how ready I am to get back to seeing you all and doing what we do best, lacrosse! I am so excited to be with all of you and Kelly and I arrived in South Bend on Friday and were welcomed by the substantial snow that awaited us,  we were surprised our flight to South Bend even took off. However, I am so happy United Airlines came through and so happy to be back at this glorious place and am more than thrilled that I got to spend time with the early arrivals. Brosco and Shauna, I am using you as an example. As Kelly and I drove you to our house and listened to you catch up, I realized how close our team is and how grateful I am to be apart of it and how much I don't want to leave this wonderful place.

As the rest of you may know, senior year is most definitely scary. While I have my future plans already set up, it is so scary to believe that I am going into to the real world. I can't believe that it is second semester senior year and more then ever I am living by the quote "cherish every moment." To be honest I have all the faith in the world in this team and believe that we can accomplish anything that we put our mind to. This quote by Mia Hamm reminds me of our team

"I am a member of a team, and I rely on the team, I defer to it and sacrifice for it, because the team, not the individual, is the ultimate champion." 



That is truly what I believe this team is what I play for and what I strive for. To me this team means the world and I am willing to do whatever it takes to be apart of it and do what ever it takes to succeed.

I am so excited to see everyone back here and ready to get into the full grind to get back into season. We have all worked so hard, and I have talked to some of you about how hard we have worked, but now is the time to prove it. See you all tomorrow 

it is time to make "her-story" not "history"

love you all and see you tomorrow

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment